The Fortress Europa counters are completed. All that has to be done is the final verification, to try to make sure all the errors have been caught. This is the part of doing counters that I like the least, but it does tend to produce a better-quality set.
I have done the fronts and backs in exactly the same colour scheme. I really don’t see the point in the different colours. Sure, it differentiates between full strength and under-strength, but do we really need that? The set-up letter on the upper right corner will show the proper set-up.
I have figured out the names that were giving me problems. Some of them were Germanic “heros” out of history. There are only one or two that I am unsure of. The main one being von Gutten or von Butten, or maybe even von Hutten. I have put him in as Gutten as that is what the printing mostly resembles. I have put the names in solid high-contrast block letters that I hope and presume are more readily readable than the originals.
Hopefully these will be all ready to go to the printer’s Monday morning.
A few days back I got tired of slogging thru the Europa counters, so I turned to something much easier. I did up the counters for Kriegspiel. They are nice 5/8″ counters; not too many of them so they were easy to knock off. Unfortunately they will not be produced until such time as I have a half-decent batch of 5/8″ counters to go to the die-cutter’s.
Having done the main work on the Fortress Europa counters I have turned my attention to the next project. I started work on The Arab-Israeli Wars counters. I’m not sure if I’ll finish them off quickly or get distracted by something else – we’ll see.